Popping Perfect Popcorn
It's hard to beat home made popcorn, not only is it fresher and tastier than the shop-bought stuff, but you have all the fun of watching and hearing the kernels as they explode dramatically.
Flavour your freshly popped corn with butter and salt, chocolate, chilli, cinnamon, coconut, cheese, smoked paprika...the possibilities are limitless.
What you will need
- Coconut Oil
- Corn Kernels
- Heavy bottomed saucepan with a lid (a glass lid will allow you to watch the pops!)
- Heat two tablespoons of coconut oil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over a medium heat
- Add a few corn kernels and wait for them to pop to prove that the oil is at the correct temperature
- Now add enough kernels to cover the bottom of the pan, cover with a lid and immediately remove from the heat
- Count 30 seconds and return pan to the heat, shaking it as the kernels begin to pop frantically
- When the popping has slowed to 3 seconds between pops turn off the heat and remove the lid to release steam and keep the popcorn crunchy
- Flavour to taste