Wild bergamot gimlet
Wild bergamot will add a strong spicy flavour to this classic gimlet recipe.
For one martini glass:
What you will need
- 120ml lime juice
- 80ml water
- 1 slice of lime
- 200g sugar
- clean jar
- chilled martini glass
- 60ml gin
- Wild bergamot flower
- First, make a simple lime syrup. Put the water and lime juice into a small non stick saucepan. Stir in the sugar and warm over a low heat, stirring regular until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Turn off the heat and leave to cool.
- Pour the syrup into a clean glass jar and chill before serving.
- Pour 60ml of gin into a chilled martini glass. Add 30ml of the lime juice and stir.
- Garnish with a slice of lime and a wild bergamot flower