Spreadable Sunflower Butter
Sunflower butter is a delicious nut-free alternative to peanut butter. Add it to toast, crumpets, crackers or pancakes.
What you will need
- 360g Sunflower seeds
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1tbsp chia seeds
- 1tbsp roasted pumpkin seeds
- Drop of honey
- Start by roasting 360g of sunflower seeds on a baking tray for 10 to 15 minutes until the seeds are a golden brown colour. Turns the seeds every 5 minutes or so.
- Add the roasted sunflower seeds to a food processor and whizz for about 10-15 minutes until a butter forms. Every 2-3 minutes, scrape the sides as needed, and to ensure your food processor doesn’t overheat! Do not add any oil or water as it will cause the butter to seize up.
- Add salt, chia seeds and roasted pumpkin seeds to the mixture and pulse for a further 3-5 minutes.
- Taste the butter and adjust to suit, add more salt or a small dob of honey if desired. When satisfied, add to a clean jar and store in the fridge for up to a month.