Simple Strawberry Jam Recipe
This simple strawberry jam is delicious on toast, in porridge or spread on a freshly baked scone with a dollop of clotted cream.
What you will need
- Jam sugar
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- Clean jars
- Weigh your strawberries and place them into a large saucepan. Crush the strawberries with a potato masher, try to keep a couple un-mashed for texture.
- Measure an equal weight of sugar and stir this into the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Stir the berries and sugar continuously on a low heat, until sugar has dissolved.
- Add the butter, bring to a full rolling boil for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow the jam to cool for 1 minute.
- Ladle into small sterilised jam jars and seal immediately.