Spicy Schug recipe
Schug is a spicy coriander-based sauce from Yemen perfect for drizzling onto bread, hummus or a dip for crackers and crisps.
What you will need
- 3 serrano chillies (with or without seeds, depends on desired heat)
- 3 cloves garlic
- Large handful of coriander leaves
- 1/3 tsp freshly ground cumin seeds
- 3 cardamon pods, seeds ground
- ½ tsp salt
- a good grind of black pepper
- 75ml olive oil juice from half a lemon
- Add all ingredients to a hand blender and whizz up until a paste forms.
- Gradually add in the olive oil.
- Add salt to taste.