How to prepare coriander seeds
To get coriander seeds, allow one or two of your coriander plants to flower.
- When the top of the plants (bunches of flowers) begin to go brown, put them head first in a paper bag.
- (If you don’t have a paper bag, fold a newspaper sheet in half and tape up the sides to make a bag.)
- Allow the plant heads to dry and the seeds should just fall off. Store the seeds in sealed containers and don't let them get wet.
Coriander seeds can be dry fried too, see method below:
What you will need
- Coriander seeds
- Frying pan
- Air tight container or clean jar
- Heat a dry frying pan, add the coriander seeds and stir constantly. Do not add oil!
- When you can smelll the coriander aroma being released, turn off the heat and leave the seeds to cool.
- Once cool, store in an air tight container. The seeds can be added to dishes, or ground in a pestle and mortar to make a powder.