Homemade Rosemary Liniment
Rosemary helps ease muscle pain, reduces bruising, relieves headache and boosts the immune system.
To make your own liniment to relieve muscle pain, just follow our recipe.
What you will need
- 3 to 4 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
- Clean jar
- 200ml of sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp whole cloves
- 100ml vodka
- Place the fresh rosemary leaves in a clean jar and add the sunflower oil.
- Put a lid on the jar and leave to infuse for two weeks.
- After two weeks, strain the contents of the jar into a clean bottle.
- In a saucepan, add 1 tbsp whole cloves and 100ml vodka and gently heat for about 5 minutes. Strain and allow to cool.
- In a clean bottle, add 100ml of the infused oil, 100ml of the clove and vodka mix and shake vigorously.
Massage the mixture into affected areas when needed, making sure to thoroughly wash your hands after use.
Ensuring your mixture is sealed well, it should last up to a year.