Cumin seed flatbreads
A perfect accompaniment to dhal or a curry, these flatbreads really are very simple to make.
What you will need
- 200g Plain flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 100ml warm water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- a handful of cumin seeds
- In a large bowl, mix the flour and salt together. Make a small well and gradually add the warm water using a spoon.
- Add the oil until a dough forms.
- Knead the dough by hand for 5 minutes.
- Leave the dough to stand for 30 minutes. Cover with a warm damp tea towel or cling film.
- Divide the dough into balls - you should get at least 6! With a little flour on the surface and a rolling pin, roll out the dough balls into circles.
- Gently press cumin seeds into the dough. Be careful to not press right through, you don't want to make any holes.
- Add a tsp of oil to a frying pan, and fry each flat bread for 1-2 minutes on both sides.
- Serve immediately with a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkling of salt.